Too much to do...

Monday, September 19, 2005

Normal commuting

I now no longer need to take 3 different trains to work. Well done SBB!

The track between Ueznach and Zeigelbrueke has been closed since the floods at the end of August. All the points seem to have been replaced at Zeigelbrueke (not bad going as it has got 10 platforms), and it reopened today. The picture below is not actually from my commute, but it gives you a good idea what they have had to tackle.



Over the last few weeks, I have missed my connection twice due to delays - which I think is pretty good going. Even on the day of the floods when there was complete chaos, SBB managed to lay on emergency buses, which meant it only took me 20 minutes longer than normal. I guess the downside to all this efficiency is the potential for "duvet days" due to inclement weather are practically non-existent!